Thursday, January 19, 2006
Tiramisu Cheesecake Parfait...
...Thingie...

Sooo, ya'll saw the picture already and I wasn't 100% impressed but the Boo liked it and my mom liked it even if it was "heavy", hence the cheesecake, and I layered it in a pretty bowl instead of in a pan, hence the parfait. It was helluh easy, and pretty good, though next time I try Tiramisu I'll do the more traditional version. Here's the recipe just in case you're interested:

1 1/2 cups hot water
3 1/2 tsps instant coffee powder (I used decaf)
1/2 cup marscapone cheese (I know, only half a cup? Next time I'll use the whole tub)
1 (8 ounce) pkg cream cheese, softened (The recipe I tweaked called for fat-free but I never bother with the stuff.)
2 tbsp darkbrown sugar
1 cup white sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 pkgs lady fingers (or an angel food cake cut up in chunks, but I suggest lady fingers or savoiardi)
2 tsps cocoa powder

1) Dissolve instant coffee in hot water. Chill in refrigerator.
2) Combine mascarpone and cream cheese in mising bowl. Beat until smooth. Add 2 tbsps coffee, dark brown sugat, white sugar, and vanilla. Mix well. Set aside.
3) Pour cold coffee into shallow 9x13 inch pan (Add a couple tablespoons of rum cuz that would be yummy). Quickly dip one side of lady fingers into coffee and layer in medium glass serving bowl. Spread half of cheese mixture on top. Sprinkle with half the cocoa powder. Repeat. (I threw in a few more lady fingers because I like them and I had extra coffee) Sprinkle with remaining cocoa. Cover and chill for at least three hours before serving.

This recipe was good, but if you're thinking "Hey I want some Tiramisu", it's probably not what you're looking for. If you're thinking "I want some fast and easy and semi impressive" then sure try it out.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG