Friday, December 23, 2005
Letter from Santa
Well, one of the gifts I ordered online hasn't made it quite yet. It was a one of these for my dad. He thinks they're great. Oh, I hope he doesn't read my blog. Dad! Stop reading!!! Anywho, I'm wrapping a box of kleenex with a picture of the thingy taped to the top of it and the following letter from Santa:

Dear Ray,

As Santa I get asked the same questions every year. Can I have a pony? Have I been good this year? Aren’t you worried about your cholesterol? My most frequently asked question is how do you visit all the kids in the whole world in one single night. Well my friend, because you’ve been such a good boy this year, I’m going to tell you. It used to be a LOT harder. Trying to convince those reindeer that they can’t have their egg nog breaks isn’t easy, let me tell you! But then one day one of my elves was trying to reach something on the top shelf and fell and hit his head and he discovered the Sugar Plum Continuum. All we had to do was soup up the old sleigh a little and we could have all the time in the world.

So there I was, high above the earth, cruising along in my new and improved Sleigh 5000, ahead of schedule for the first time in years, when suddenly, I hit a rift in the Sugar Plum Continuum. I know what you’re thinking…Santa can’t drive. It’s not true though! I’ve been driving that sleigh a long looooooong time and nothing like this has ever happened before. I think there must have been some sort of imbalance in the binary brittle belt. Anywho! Let’s just say the United States Postal Service lost your Easter Island tissue box. That way I won’t have to listen to Mrs. Clause go on about how there way “nothing wrong with the old way of doing things” blah blah blah. Anyway, the “Post Office” should get everything straightened out soon enough. In the mean time I ran to Wal-Mart (on Christmas Eve…scary) and got you this handy dandy replacement until the original shows up. Hope you don’t mind I used your computer.

So I better get going! Lots of good little boys and girls left to visit!

Merry Christmas to all and….oh whatever,

S. Clause

P.S. Isn’t that Katy of yours such a treasure? She’s top on my good list every year…


5 Comments:

Blogger lonna said...

That's hilarious. Both the gift and your letter. I hope that your dad is both appreciative and laughing out loud when he opens this.

Blogger Min Min said...

Such a cute idea!

Merry Christmas, Katy!

Here, in germany, we get our gifts today and you'll have to wait until tomorrow haha^^

Blogger amandak said...

You really are the Cleverest Katy. That's super duper cute and creative.

Hope your gift didn't seem to little kid-ish. I just saw it and thought of you. I really do see you as a grownup these days, even though you will always be my littlest sis. Lubya!!

Blogger Katy said...

i LOVED my gift. I read the christmas fairy book like 5 times christmas day. And I actually have my fairy ornament on the top of the tree so now she's my christmas fairy :) Lubya2

Blogger hazel said...

so cute. you're adorable, katy.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG