Wednesday, December 21, 2005
Quick while the boss isn't looking...
I got my internet friend back!! Hooray!

I've officially changed jobs, kinda. Now I'm working for the business management chick instead of the everybody's secretary chick. I'm busy busy. Hopefully though, very soon, we will have gotten through the big fat stack o filing and things will calm down a little. Not that they're crazy or anything, I'm just transitioning to actually having something to do!! However, since we are lacking in general student secretaries, I'm still doing my old job too. I think I'm the only student employee working for FM right now. But I get way more hours and the days go by way faster so it's good.

The Christmas madness is kind of at its peak right now. Mom's home cooking, I'm handing out gifts at work and getting gifts back. So far my haul is a fuzzy blanket, some lotion, a back of EXCELLENT chocolate dipped pretzels. The kind that make you wanna cry when you've eaten the last one... and my fabulous new boss Julie gave me Dear Frankie. Which I love!! Christmas gets strange after about 12. This year I pretty much know what I'm getting from everybody. Thanks in part to Sophie handing me my present and saying "This is for you, can you guess what it is? IT'S FARIES!!!" I also went Christmas shopping with my mom where she bought most of my stuff. I don't know what I'm getting from Mandy, but Jon called me and basically said "I'm not sure what it is yet but it's going to be from Williams and Sanoma." I hope I don't sound like I'm complaining about the lack of the surprise factor. I totally don't care. I'm just making an observation.

This week my kitchen is basically in a shambles. Christmas is not a very clean time. There's more stuff everywhere but still no place to put it. If you're home (at least if you're a Smith) you're cooking. And there's little bits of ribbon and paper floating around everywhere. Plus all the neighbor crap. "Yay...more popcorn/chocolate/candy. I'll just put it over here with all the other popcorn/chocolate/candy. Thanks...." Last night I was home alone and got caroled. Awkward a little? Yessum. There I am by myself standing with the door open watching these people wish me a Merry Christmas while freezing their butts off. And there were only two carollers. What does one do? Does one invite them in to view ones messy kitchen? Does one smile and close the door so they may move on? Or does one just stand their awkwardly hoping they only sing one verse. Well that's what this one did. Then they handed me a little bag of peanut brittle (insert "yay more candy") and went on their way. In case I failed to mention. Becky, Sophie, Mom and I made candy Sunday and Monday. Toffee, caramels, peanut clusters, almond bark, and yeah, peanut brittle. I just about gave them a bag of peanut brittle back so the balance of brittle didn't shift.

So we're up to our eyeballs in food, sweet food, in fact I think I grew five new cavities yesterday. I tried to pawn some of the candy off on my work folks but only two of them took anything and that was ONE piece. I was pretty annoyed when I got home yesterday. In my little world when someone offers you homemade you take a piece, have a bite and smile. Even if you walk down the hall and throw the rest away, at least have the decency to fake it! It's the season of GIVING people, you're not letting me GIVE! I had planned on bringing some good snackies tomorrow, cheese ball, caramel chex mix, and Julie was going to bring a couple things too, but I don't think I will now. I may bring a cheeseball and just eat it myself...

OOH I almost forgot. Grades are in! I rocked!!! I got an A in Computer Systems, and communications. B's in Statistics and Library Media, and a B+ in Biology. WOO HOO!!!! I'm thrilled.

Well my little friends, I better go do some work now before the boss lady gets back! If I don't blog before then, have a Holly Jolly Christmas!!!!

I just said basically like 100 times in one post. Sorry.


5 Comments:

Blogger Missuz J said...

Hooray!! A new Katy post! Giggled all through this one. Loved "The balance of the brittle." As for carolers, I think a nice mooning is the best thank you they can hope for.

Blogger lonna said...

Congratulations on your grades. That great. Wow you Utah people sure do Christmas, huh?

Blogger amandak said...

I didn't notice that many "basically's". Yay for a new post from Katy! I was wondering if your fingers fell off or something. ;)

You do still love fairies, right? You must promise to tell me if you ever stop, or decide you have enough of them.

LOVE YOU!!!

Blogger hazel said...

basically, your grades were excellent!

"I sense an imbalance in the brittle."

Blogger rob said...

If you're all alone, carrolers can be akin to having a one-on-one with someone with a really bad stammer.

Do you help them out? Do you just stand there as still as possible until they power through it? What...the fuck...do you do?!?

Back when I was married, I got a little uncomfortable when we got wassailed so I started singing along with them. They, then, got uncomfortable and went away. The (then) wife was not amused.

Merry Awesomemas!

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG