Monday, September 19, 2005
Well, it happened.

The first encounter.

It's my bosses birthday, well it was yesterday. So Julie and I ran over to the bookstore to get a card. There I was minding my own business when who should I see standing in line?? Him... That's yep, after a year of his blissful absence he made an appearance. I was cool, I was collected, I walked my little self over to the line and stood in mock obliviousness to his very existence. He of course returned the favor. Then he saw me. Damn. The conversation went as follows:

>:[ : Hey long time no see.
Me: Yeah.
Inner Me: Yeah it's been since you married the evil hoe bag with not so much as see you later. Rat bastard.
>:[ : How are ya?
Me: Great.
Inner Me: Great til I saw your ugly mug. Rat bastard
>:[ : Good. What have you been up to?
Me: Nothing.
Inner Me: Plotting your painful and bloody demise. Rat bastard
>:[ : You're up to something now.
Me: Not really.
Inner Me: Oh I'm up to plenty right now, but you don't get to hear about any of it because you're a rat bastard.
>:[ : Well, see ya later.
Me: Yeah, hopefully not for another year.
Inner Me: RAT BASTARD!!!
>:[ : What?
Me: Nothing.

And there ya have it. I think I handled it well all things considered. No blood shed. No screaming. I don't even feel the urge to cry. However, I was told I turned the same color as my shirt, which is this color. Kind of a bright salmony. But all things considered, I think getting a little orange is to be expected. He felt like a total ass and I felt all warm and fuzzy and empowered inside. Especially when I caught checking out the old left hand. No, I'm not married you rat bastard. I wasted enough time on you, I'm being a hell of a lot more picky this time. And now that the first encounter is over, and I know I totally handled it like a champ, I feel fabulous.

Today's thing I learned:
I deserve sooooo much better than him... K I already knew that but it doesn't hurt to get some serious reinforcement.


8 Comments:

Blogger Kodi said...

Well done katester. Have you ever seen "Under the Tuscun Sun"? There is a scene where the woman is very sad and lonely, having just gone thru a bad relationship, and this nice man tells her about the railroad tracks that were built over the Alps before there was even a train in existence that could make the journey. They built the tracks because they knew the train would come someday. Kate, your train will come, and it won't be a rat bastard or a douche-bag.

Blogger lonna said...

You are better than that. I'm just sorry that this happened so close in time to the used-to-be-handsome Rob incident.

Blogger Stine said...

Honey, you deserve so much better in general. You need a nice older profesional with a bad boy side.

Blogger amandak said...

Yay for Katy!!!

Katy ROCKS!!!

I love Katy!!!

Woo Hoo!!!

Blogger hazel said...

good for you. the icy shoulder. who cares what color your face was?

I like what kodi said about the railroad tracks. there's no way a person like you will go for very long without finding the right person.

Blogger Missuz J said...

Agree to all of the above, especially Stine. I've always thought an older man would be right for you. also, I STILL believe my gut feeling that you need to go to New Zealand and visit Aunty Irene to find your true man.

Blogger Kathryn said...

Wow, sounds like you handled it perfectly! Good for you for holding out for someone who will treat you the way you deserve to be treated!!!!!!

Blogger Min Min said...

Hey, me again ~
I read your last post and I was pretty shocked...what you've been through is pretty a lot!! Men are such bastards sometimes...almost every girl has her own story how she's been hurt by some stupid guy. You should be proud of the way you handled the situation! And you WILL meet some nice man sooner or later - he has to be somewhere!

I am probably going to meet some guy again I was once (like a year before) in love with (he had a girlfriend so I didn't tell him about my feelings) and I am not sure how to handle the whole thing....I'd rather not meet him at all, but I guess I just have to be strong...
Guys suck ~

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG