Sunday, September 11, 2005
He said she said...

Uhm, what just happened?

Rob sat by me at church today. Not so confusing. But then after the meeting was over he started making excuses for why I hadn't heard from him all week. I just nodded my head understandingly and made small talk. I didn't tell him it was OK, I didn't validate his disappearing act in any way. I just asked him if he was excited for Egypt and changed the subject. Holly told him he had to bring her back a pyramid, I told him a picture of a pyramid would be sufficient. He said it had been weird to not talk to me all week, I acted like I hadn't even noticed. He mentioned he saw the note I left on his car last week and meant to call me. I just said "Yeah but you didn't". He said he saw it again a couple days ago and meant to call again, I smiled and said again, "yeah, but you didn't". Then I got his full attention for a few minutes while we discussed the motorcycle test he has yet to take, and things about work and computers. Before we parted ways I mentioned casually that it was too bad he was leaving Tuesday because my parents were making ribs on Monday. I thought this was safe, obviously he would want to spend that time with his family. He asked what time dinner was at. I said I didn't want to take him away from his family the night before he left and he said not to worry about it, he could make time for me and ribs. So, uhm, what just happened? Rob is spending the night before he leaves for Egypt with me and my family. I keep telling myself not to think about it. We can just be friends. We are just friends. Friends have dinner at other friends houses. Why can't I just have a normal relationship with a guy? One with no stupid questions, no stupid games, and no stupid other girls????


10 Comments:

Blogger Missuz J said...

There is no such thing as a relationship like that. We'll see if he passes the big sister test tomorrow. Oh. I guess that would be today.

Blogger hazel said...

this is the very definition of mixed signals. don't let him suck you back in unless you get all the answers that you want. all of them. in order to get them, though, you may have to....ask. flat out. I think it might be time.

Blogger M'gann said...

Your sister's right. We wish relationships could be so easy, but they're not. Guys are so confusing!! Then again, if relationships were so easy, then love might not be quite so special.

....I so lost where I was going with this. o.O

Blogger beanspot said...

To me it seems to work better if you just ask what is going on- I agree with Patrice. I wanted to make sure Lonna and I could be friends before we "dated" and it worked out great (see Dermot). At least then you know you get along and don't worry about games.
As many stupid guys are there out there who can't figure out how to act or be honest, there are plenty who just want to know the honest truth of what you feel. It will make your life easier without all the games. He'll either thank you for your honesty, or he'll think you're crazy and then you wouldn't want to be with him anyway.

Blogger lonna said...

I'm sorry you are going through this. I always hated this kind of confusion. I think that if you are interested at all that you should ask him what's going on. If you are all ready to move on like you were last week then who cares what he thinks:)

Blogger NME said...

Play it cool with the visit. When he comes back from his trip see what signals he's sending then - and then ASK HIM what is the deal.

Blogger Kathryn said...

I agree with Patrice too, for now keep it super casual. But have fun with him no matter where it may or may not lead. Live for the moment.

Blogger Min Min said...

Hey, me again!

I totally agree with Katiemagic, because sometimes it's better just not to think about the whole situation and let it flow. Just relax and see what the future will bring. Sometimes things just work out by themselves and then you wonder why you worried that much.
I have a kind of problem with a guy at the moment and I was wondering if you all could probably help me with it....would you mind if I just asked in one of the next comments? Please let me know....
Good luck with HR!!

Blogger Katy said...

Jazz, feel free to ask. These guys are the greatest for advice.

Blogger rob said...

"Why can't I just have a normal relationship with a guy? One with no stupid questions, no stupid games, and no stupid other girls????"

Baby doll...that is a normal relationship with a guy.

Jocosity aside, everyone's pretty much hit it on the head. Like NME said, be cool for the interim, see what happens after the trip and if he seems to radiate more than plutonic interest, sit him down for a little chat.

There are some guys peppered about who prefer to speak openly about their intentions over playing tiddlywinks with people's emotions. Maybe Rob is one of them. Or maybe he's a heartless cyborg with heat vision and a RonCo food dehydrator for a butt...but my money's on the former.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG