Tuesday, September 13, 2005
K, Really this time.
I'm done.

Dinner went well last night. He's a very quiet boy but him and my dad have a lot in common and therefore a lot to talk about. Becky asked the defining questions, "If you could have any super power, what would it be?" and "If you could invite three people, out of anyone who ever lived, to dinner, who would it be?" He scored well on the super power question, but was pretty dull with the dinner question. Then we went to a church party thing called Family Home Evening (I know, I was home with my family...it's complicated) and met up with Holly. Accidentally on purpose. She had called his cell phone during dinner and when he didn't answer she called mine. She really does have the best timing ever.... Anyway, we met up with her and he decided we should all go watch a movie. So again, my evening with Rob turns into my evening with Rob and Holly. Shit. On the way to pick a movie with Rob (Holly was in her car) I finally just asked him.

Me: Can I ask you a personal question?
Rob: Sure, doesn't mean I have to anser.
Me: Fair enough, do you have a thing for Holly?
Rob: Silence....
Me: Is this your way of not answering?
Rob: I'm thinking....I don't know.
Me: You don't know?
Rob: I haven't decided yet?
Me: You haven't decided yet? You guys have been friends for how many years now?
Rob: Yeah, it's been a long time.
Me: But you don't know.
Rob: Why? Is she confused about it?
Me: I'm not asking for her. I'm asking for me.
Rob: Silence plus blank stare. Oh.
Me: Oh...

The end. The rest of the evening followed suit. Holly picked up another guy on the way to watching the movie, and they sat all snuggled up on one chair, while Rob and I sat as far apart as possible on the couch. I felt like I was back in High School. I'm with the guy that likes the girl that's with some other guy. There were more stimulating little bits of conversation but really, why relive the pain? Let's just say that I am now more anti-man than ever. And if I happened to confuse the hell out of Rob, good. Let him stew and brood for three weeks. Maybe by the time he gets back I'll have enough guts to tell him how it was and then he can sit and pine for what could have been. Yeah I'm bitter.


5 Comments:

Blogger Kodi said...

Oh, God Katy. I'm sorry it turned out this way. Guys really suck ass sometimes (most of the time). He is NO handsome Rob. He is fucking douche-bag Rob.

Blogger hazel said...

I am SOOO glad you asked him. now you don't have to wonder. I'm sure that, if that conversation wouldn't have happened, he would have snuggled up to you to show holly that he could snuggle too, and then just think how confused you would have been a little ways down the line. you saved yourself more heartache. rob = so not worth it. I am so sorry that you had to go through it.

Blogger NME said...

Though his answer was aggravating and awful I have to commend you for asking. Bravo. It's never an easy thing to just ask because sometimes we don't want to hear the answer - but it's better to know so you can operate accordingly instead of cluelessly. What you have learned is that Rob is confused and clueless. Not to mention not to bright when it comes to affairs of the heart. It's a good thing to know. He definitely doesn't seem like Mr. Right - or at least not Mr. Right Now.

Blogger lonna said...

I'm sorry things turned out this way, but at least you know. What an idiot. We call guys like this "open mouth, blank stare". That's what it sounds like he was doing when you asked him. Good for you for asking. You are stronger than I am.

Blogger Min Min said...

Wow, you really asked him...
It is so typically guy to react like that. But at least you know how he thinks. I would say ROB stands for Really Ordinary Boy - nothing special about him, so he doesn't seem to be worth thinking about him that much.
I will ask my question later, it doesn't really fit right now.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG