Wednesday, July 27, 2005
Whining...full speed ahead.
Consider yourself warned.

I was just sitting here, bored, thinking, it's not to bad Katy. It's Wednesday, Friday's right around the corner and then, the glorious weekend. Then I realized, weekends are a thing of the past. In fact, to me, the weekends just mean wake up earlier. I don't remember mentioning this but I may have, but I'm going to anyway/again. I am working 7 days a week. S. E. V. E. N! I work 8-5 Monday Tuesday Wednesday and Friday at the college. Thursday I work 8-2 at the college then go to the hotel at 3 and work til 11. Saturdays I work 7-3 at the hotel, and Sundays I either work 7-3 or 3-11, usually 7-3. I know all you mommies are like "Quitcher Bitchin, I work 7 days a week 24 hours a day" but it still sucks. And I keep thinking, well, I could quit. I really could. I could...really. But I don't think I can. First of all I LOVE my boss. She's such a sweetheart and so nice and so easy to work with and I really like going to work for the sole purpose of hanging out with her somedays. Second I NEED the money. College is coming up FAST, I am still conspicuously toothless, and I found these really nice little college housing apartments where everybody has their own room, there's a washer and dryer, and two bathrooms, they're fully furnished and I really REALLY want to get out of the house. Don't get me wrong, I love my parents but still. Every time I go outside I think, yep, I'm a 22 year old living at home. Don't ask me why that thought occurs to me only when I'm outside but it does. Third, there's this Brandon kid. I HATE crushes. But I really kinda enjoy him, and I think he enjoys me too, and if I don't still work at the inn then I have to come up with more excuses to stalk him at his other job. A girl can only eat so much ice cream!


7 Comments:

Blogger Kathryn said...

Hang in there! It will all be worth it when you're making fabulous money at your fabulous job which you got as a result of your fabulous degree. What will you be studying?

Blogger Missuz J said...

Anyone who works an out of home job 7 days a week has my full permission to whine. Yes--Sophie is a 24/7 job--but I get to take her where I want to go--and spend a large portion of each day on my couch. You're the bomb baby. Let's go for a drive later.

Blogger hazel said...

I don't really consider that whining. more like acknowledging the craptasticularity that is your work life. I too think you should hang in there. think of the things you can tell your future children (while they sit on Daddy Brandon's lap) about how you used to work 7 days a week just to make a better life for yourself.

it's great to have a goal - it helps to make sure you don't throw in the towel. so your goal is that apartment. make it so, katy - make it so!!

Blogger NME said...

That is an insane amount of work. Whine alot. I give you permission. But I guess if it is just for a few weeks you can hang in there.

$1200/months sounds like alot of money for a little apartment. That is more than the mortgage on my four bedroom row home. I thought it was cheap to live in Utah.

Blogger Missuz J said...

NME--It's $1200 per semester--not month. The morgage on my TINY OLD house is about $670 per month.

Blogger Katy said...

uhm yeah 1200 a month is insane. it's over like 4 months, but 300 a month in a shared apartment is still kinda steap. Maybe I'll find something cheaper that I like as much, I have a tendancy to not shop around enough.

Blogger amandak said...

Hey love!

Well, at least you get to blog, things could be worse. Seriously though, I'm really proud of you for busting your ass this summer. I think everyone has to go through a stage like that, when all there is to life is the job(s). Funny, I can't quite remember when that would have been for me. Weird.

Hang in there!

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG