Sunday, June 12, 2005
The things you learn when living with toddlers...
OK, so things are good here now that I've settled into the fact that yes, when I wake up they're still gonna be here, it's actually pretty cool. I babysat the big sisses kids last night while they were at the other sisses house partying it up and it was pretty fun. Here is a list of some of the things I learned while watching tapes of Blue's Clues, Dora the Explorer and listening to their sweet little babblings:

1. One should always wash ones hands before Tea Time.
2. "I have to potty", means now!!! bless his little heart.
3. I have a bloody nose and I want the play dough sounds remarkably similar when said around a binky.
4. "There's no such thing as magic". What the hell?????
5. When a five year old is having a slumber party with her imaginary friends and "they" want a snack, one graham cracker will not do. Though it had to, I'm a mean auntie.
6. When there's a scary bug flying around the room, do NOT pick up the little boy who is afraid of it, this just brings them closer to the terror and makes the screaming louder.
7. An almost paper cut is as bad as the real thing.
8. There is a way to "get a scrape" on two year old legs, through denim, on carpet, though I didn't see said scrape, I was assured that it was there.
9. "I reach it myself" means "move it closer so I can reach it ya dumb broad".
10. When a 5 year old says "well you know" you're actually expected to know.
11. 22 year old women are not allowed to interact with Dora the Explorer or Blue, "it just isn't done"
12. Dora's version of treasure and my version of treasure are TOTALLY different.
13. On Blues Clues, Joe would be in SERIOUS trouble if his friends didn't come over every day. "what's it called when youre done with the toilet and you make everything go down the hole and it rhymes with rush?" FLUSH JOE!!! FLUSH!!!!

K, I know I'm ending on 13, bad luck I'm sure, but you guys can come up with a few million more ideas i'm sure.


5 Comments:

Blogger NME said...

Sounds like you learned alot in a very short period of time. And hopefully you know inherently that in comparison to Steve, Joe is a total poseur.

Blogger Katy said...

well yeah, i mean joe doesn't even draw his own pictures in the handy dandy notebook...what's up with that??

Blogger Missuz J said...

See-while I totally agree that Joe, in comparison to Steve, is a poseur, I must say that he's pretty easy on the eyes. I also think that Anthony Wiggle is kind of cute. OK. I need help.

Blogger amandak said...

I'm with Missuz J on the Joe and Anthony thing. I actually remember one Blue's Clue's episode where they were pantomiming some kind of story and Joe was pretend running away, and I just couldn't help noticing what a fine ass he has. Shame on me. My only excuse is I don't get out nearly enough.

You're doing awesome with the crash course on what my kids do and need on a daily basis, especially since it seems to change on, oh yeah, a daily basis. Zach's newest one is to scream, "I'll do it myself!" over and over again, followed immediately by, "I CAN'T DO IT!" The joys of toddlerhood, gotta love it.

Blogger M'gann said...

Wow! You really did learn a lot in a short time. The wonders of kids, eh? Babysitting is a wonderful crash course for motherhood.

As for Joe and Steve, I miss Steve!! Ok, so Joe's on the much cuter side, but c'mon! Steve sang better, had more fun with it and was just not the poser that Joe is.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG