Saturday, April 30, 2005
I've created a monster...
Well, I'm in the process of creating a monster... It's my nephew's birthday tomorrow and he's really into Star Wars, so I being the oh so cool auntie that I am said I would make the coolest cake ever. This after taking ONE wilton cake class months ago... I think, Darth Vader would be very cool. Then I got thinking, riiiiiiiiiight as if. So then I think Jabba the Hut. He's just a big slug, how hard could it be? Apparently...Hard. And I haven't even started frosting it yet. Heaven help me. But it's ok, it'll be fine, it's a big blob, not to difficult. I sculpted it today with the help of my of so artistic daddy and tomorrow after a quick trip to the grocery store I'll finish icing it and everything will be fine. Right? Right. :P I'll have to figure out how to post pictures so everyone can bow at my brilliance. I like bowing. Anyhoo!

I have nothing exciting to report today. Boss is driving me crazy, what's new? Got my application in to go back to school today!! YAY!! I'm very excited about that, I have all sorts of very irrational fears about returning to school. I dropped out of college about 2 and a half years ago after suffering a minor nervous breakdown. It's what I get for majoring in theatre, when you're around that much drama that much of the time you're bound to have a meltdown and BOY did I have a doozy! So anyway scared of a replay, but this time I'm playing it safe and majoring in business where all the sane people are :). My second totally irrational fear about school is really totally irrational! I'm scared that I'm going to walk into my first class and the only seat in the whole room is gonna be next to my ex or his current wife. That would suck and one of us would end up crying, probably him cuz I'm mean like that. What can I say? I'm nuts, I also have a terrible fear of moths. Go figure.

I'm going to start something new for my blog, here's today's point to ponder:

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" Have a wonderful day!!


2 Comments:

Blogger Missuz J said...

I loooove you! Good luck on Jaba!

Blogger rob said...

I want pictures of the Jabba cake!

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG