Wednesday, September 20, 2006
I want some apple crisp.
There is no good food on campus. Well, that may be unfair. There is some ok food. SUU is a Coke school, which I think means all the students are required to sit around and get high before doing their homework.... No, I think it's actually means SUU only sells Coke products and Coke gives them lots of money...or something. What it REALLY means is "aw shit" for Pepsi drinkers like me.

There's a teeny tiny Starbucks kiosk thing for a caffeine fix if I can't stand it anymore, but real live coffee does bad things to me when I'm supposed to be sitting still and paying attention in class, and all of their tasty baked goods are prebaked and shipped in and taste old, and the selection is terribly limited. That's pretty much all that's available as far as breakfast tastiness. Unless you want to spend a buck on ONE nutrigrain bar, or a little thing of poptarts. But I want something warm and gooey and fresh.

Lunch options are a little better. We have the T-bird Grill with it's selection of wraps (that pretty much all taste the same) and fried goods. The cafeteria, which I have never dared to venture near. Cuz yikes, and eew. The Country Store usually has something that Food Services made that morning, slopped into to-go containers, and has kept warm under those creepy red lamps for the last 4 hours. And of course, fried goodness. We have a Hogi Yogi and a Teryaki Stix, so there are tasty sandwiches with carefully portioned processed cheese and meat goods, and gyoza. Which I have to admit, I LOVES ME some gyoza. mmmm. But it's getting to be fallish, in fact it's freaking cold outside right now, and I want something spicy and good to warm me. Instead I will sit here and bitch about the fact that everything is fried, processed, or chocolate. Oh well, I guess that's college food for ya.

In other news, school is going surprisingly well. I guess not surprisingly. I've been working my ass off to make it be going well. I had my first test in Business Law, which terrified me, but I got 88% and my teacher loved my essay, he said he wished I'd had more time. I got 98% on my first Psych test, which is a good thing, since my teacher now knows me as Amanda's little sister and therefore I'm brilliant by association. The class average was some thing insane like 76%. Hence the theory that the students go home and smoke crack before they do their homework. I took my first accounting test yesterday and I feel good about it. I'm a little worried about my form on some of my financial statements but that's what Quickbooks is for anyway. My first math thest is Friday which has me a little nervous because I have to remember equations and crap :P. But I'm sure I'll do fine. I'm still working out fairly regularly. Yesterday I actually ventured into the scary weights area of the gym and worked my upper body. Uhm, ow. Everytime I sling my 25 pound back pack over my shoulders they scream a little. But I'm gonna be all skinny, and toned and hot! So what all this adds up to is I'm in school or at work from 9 to 5 (sometimes later for work but that's another story) every day. Then I go work out for a while then go home and do homework til my brain shuts down. So I don't so much have the social life I had hoped to develop this semester yet, but I'm doing much better then I did last year. My arms are heavy....


6 Comments:

Blogger NME said...

YUM I want apple crisp too. Fall is coming and I want stew, roasted potatoes and a very warm apple pie.

That actually sounds like alot of options for a campus to have - though processed meat and cheese is not soo good.

Glad the semester is going well. I wish the door to your social world to open wide right about .... NOW.

Blogger Stine said...

Get you a massage with all that working out. There must be a cool therapist in Cedar.

Nice to hear that nothing has changed foodwise at SUU.

Killer on Psych man. I'm sure Les likes you because you're you.

Blogger amandak said...

Sounds like school is rolling along just as it should. Awesome on the working out situation, your body will thank you sometime soon, I'm sure, after it gets done complaining for awhile. Ditto on the massage thing. (Like I can talk, I need one BAD.)

Yummmm, apple crisp sounds guud.

Love you!

Blogger Missuz J said...

Some for me too please?

I was there pre-Starbucks, pre-Hogi-yogi, pre-pretty much everything. What did I even eat? Shit, I can't believe that was so long ago I can't remember.

Blogger OMH said...

Oh Where Oh Where
Did my Katy Go?
Oh Where Oh Where
Could she be?

Hey girl your being missed here in blog world!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Agreed.

What's really amusing is that I had no clue what gyoza was until I was at a 99 Ranch Supermarket the other day. There are so many words for that little delicious dumpling. I learned a Chinese name for it when I was growing up (and have since learned there's at least another name for it in Mandarin), and when potstickers were the big thing I was trying to figure out what the hell a potsticker was until I saw one.

What's truly incredible is that you can get them frozen in supermarkets now, and they taste almost the same as if you'd made them yourself.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG