Monday, August 07, 2006
Random randomness
I think I might take a couple days off. I don't know what I'll do with those couple days off, but I haven't taken anything even CLOSE to a vacation this year. Maybe just cruise up to SLC for a couple days. Or maybe I'm all talk and I'll just keep on keepin on with what I'm doin.

It's been a weird couple of days. Work is at a total standstill. Someone above me has failed to get things done and therefore I can do nothing AT ALL until the matter is resolved. So I sit at my computer, read recipes, read blogs, plan cakes, and learn origami. So far I've made about a billion bookmarks and a frog. I was making paper cranes for the kids sitting next to me in church yesterday and the little girl said, "Cant you do anything else so I'm learning to do other fun things. I'm pretty proud of myself considering one of the sights I'm learning from is written in Spanish. Clever clever me.

The girl I was supposedly moving out with bought a puppy on Saturday. So now she probably won't be moving out next semester. If I can save up the 1200 bucks for the semester I will be heading out on my own. Fingers firmly crossed for that event. The puppy is helluh cute though. He's an English Springer Spaniel and looks like this. We named him Jack, I tried to convince her to name him Spike, but no go. So he's Captain Jack Sparrow. Cuz he's English, and kinda floppy.

Saturday was busy. I went to St. George in the morning then Angie and I went to WM and found the puppy. I want a puppy so bad! Jack had a sister that was brown and white and had blue eyes. I was thisclose to snatching her up. But I still live at home and the parents don't want a dog. Also, the apartments I'm wanting to move into don't allow pets so getting a dog at this juncture would be dumb. Still I'm sad that I don't have a sweet little doggy to love me.

Cute boy I have a crush on's dog is about to have puppies. I should just become his very good friend and adopt his puppies.

Enough about my lack of dog!!

I made a peach pie yesterday. It's pretty tasty and was really easy. Fresh peaches, sugar, flour, cinnamon, bake it up. Tasty good.

Speaking of baking, I have to get started on The Soph's birthday cake. She has requested a Strawberry Shortcake cake which will be fabulous. The cake is going to be Zer Cute, and I have a cute little Strawberry Shortcake candle for the top. I feel bad I didn't do a fabulous cake for Boo's birthday. I will have to make a fabulous very merry unbirthday cake instead.

Have I talked about house sitting? Probably not, it was pretty uneventful. Except for their bed is the hardest thing I have EVER slept on. I'm still recovering, a very scary stuffed goat watched me while I slept, and they had a pet bird. I'm opposed to pet birds. First, they're gross, and second, they should be flying, not sitting in a cage staring out a window.

I had me a minor little breakdown yesterday. Just sat and cried for a couple hours. Not sure what triggered it but I had a general feeling of sucktitude. Feeling inconsequential, like a big ol failure... ya know, the usual stuff. I'm doing better today, suffering the after effects of a day rife with self loathing. I have too much time on my hands. School needs to just start already.


1 Comments:

Blogger Missuz J said...

Please don't fret the bday cake. We had cake coming out of our ears--not that any of them were anywhere near as delish or lovely as a katy-cake.

So sorry you had a moment yesterday. Hope it passed and you're all better.

XO

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG