Tuesday, June 06, 2006
Tasty Salad
This is the salad I made for lunch today. It was helluh tasty so I though I would pass it along. This is a single serving and not a very big one cuz I don't eat tons...I wish I had more though, not cuz I'm still hungry because it was good :)

Chicken:
Marinate 1 boneless skinless chicken breast in Lawry's Sesame Ginger Marinade. Damn, that's stuff's tasty. I marinated mine for a couple hours but whatever.

Grill chicken. (That blackened flavor makes it extra tasty.)

Cut up half of chicken breast into large dices, reserve other half for another salad or for a snack later. (I actually used the left overs from the previous nights dinner)

Dressing:
2 parts Lawry's Sesame Ginger Marinade (not the stuff you used to marinade the chicken, throw that away or you'll get salmonella and die)
1 part extra virgin olive oil.
A few healthy dashes of soy sauce (to taste)

Parmesan Crisp:
6 tbsps fresh grated Parmesan Cheese
Black pepper, paprika, or whatever sounds tasty.

Preheat oven to 300

Scoop Parmesan a tbsp at a time onto a baking sheet, lined with a silpat or parchment paper (to prevent sticking) flatten mounds out until they are 2-3 inches in diameter, making sure there is about 2 inches between the circles, sprinkle with seasoning, or just leave plain. Bake 6-10 minutes until crispy.

Salad Assembly:
Toss together a couple handfuls of your favorite greens, the chicken, and the dressing until everything is well coated. Top with a crisp and some slivered almonds. Dig in.


7 Comments:

Blogger NME said...

That sounds delish. But I think that marinade has sugar in it - so it is a no no.

Blogger Katy said...

I read that you could have less than 10 grams of sugar in marinades and less than 5 in dressings. Maybe my source was wrong. Either way, it's not much sugar. :)

Blogger ~A~ said...

it sounds tasty. I must try because I love me some salads.

oh that salmonella bit, diet pepsi out the nose, *LOL*

Blogger Missuz J said...

Remember ladies--we don't say carbs or sugar. We say peewww. So, "I think that marinade has pew in it--so it is a no no." "I read that you could have less than 10 grams of pew in marinades and less than 5 grams of pew in dressings. Either way, it's not much pew."

Oh--and is hummis really legal? I love that stuff. And--can I please have some parmesan crisps? Where are we going for dinner tonight?

Blogger NME said...

Hummus is legal. It's actually in the meal plan in the book as a snack. There is a recipe in there for it and it also says you can use store bought.

Hmm. Pew in marinades okay? The book doesn't say anything about that. And the book is the bible. Of suckitude. I am a horrible dieter.

Blogger Katy said...

I too am a big fan of the hummus. What do you eat it with if you can't have crackers or pita?

Blogger hazel said...

fuck - I want to just eat those crisp thingies.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG