Thursday, May 11, 2006
Am I actually dating again?
I have a date in a half an hour for lunch. Yes I met him online. Yes I know how scary that is. Yes I remember what happened last time. However, we will be remaining in a public place for the duration of the outing. It will be broad daylight. I actually have a solid excuse for the date only lasting an hour. And, my boss will know where I am and that should I not call or return by 1:15, to call out the posse.

This guys name is Jason. He's been trying to get me to go out with him for like 2 weeks now. Maybe 3 actually. He's been so patient (or is it pushy?) that I figured lunch would be good, non-threatening fun.

Why am I so terrified of dating again?

I really don't think it has to do with the last asshat I met on the internet. I can handle myself in that kind of situation. It's easy, fight back. But for some reason the idea of getting close to someone again has me petrified. Is it worth it? Is the whole dating, getting hurt, getting stomped on, taking risks with yourself thing, worth the 1 in a billion chance that you'll actually find someone you want to spend the rest of your life with? Is being married so great that it's worth all the bullshit to get there?

Discuss...


10 Comments:

Blogger NME said...

YES. Yes it is.

Be patient but keep trying.

Blogger Diane Lowe said...

So. . . how did it go?

I hope it was a nice date and that you have much more luck with online dating than I ever did. . .

Is it worth finding someone to support you in all your dreams and crazy ideas? Someone to completely share yourself with? That's a no brainer.

I don't know what marriage is like, but if you find the right fellow to be married to, I think it's the closest thing to heaven we can get on earth.

Blogger hazel said...

I'm going to go ahead and be a party pooper and be devil's advocate. if you want to be really technical - the answer is maybe. not yes. but it definitely has the potential to be.

live for the moment. did you have fun?

Blogger lonna said...

How did it go?

I remember the fear. It really kept a wall between me and my husband when we first met. I kept trying to tell myself that I couldn't be attracted to him because I didn't want to get hurt. Then I finally realized that if you don't take the risk, you don't get the reward. If that makes any sense.

Blogger Stine said...

Ultimately, yes. Winning in this situation is never giving up.

Blogger Kodi said...

Dating is definitely fun. Marriage is......a strange mixture of happiness, anger, frustration, and satisfaction. Go for it, but be careful. Love ya babe.

Blogger M'gann said...

Yes, yes and YES!

I admit that meeting people on the internet is not for everyone, and does not always work out for those who do try. However, having met my own husband on the net, I encouage it as long as you use your common sense. Which, in short, means I'm not too concerned about your well being in that matter. You're a smart girl!

"Fall in love as often as you can." Or something like that. >.> It's definitely worth it in the end! After all, where would I be if I'd shut myself away after Jon? Huh huh? :D Hope your date went well!

Blogger OMH said...

Gotta say after 27 years YES - Most of the time - others ummmmm not so Yes, but does it get better and go back to being a strong YES - Yes it does! I feel incomplete without the DH and think everyone should feel that way about their spouse!

Let us know how it went - hey what's happening in the CAKE department?

Blogger Kathryn said...

YES! If it's the right person and the preceeding bullshit isn't destructive.

Congratulations on your date!

Blogger OMH said...

So when are we going to see more cakes? Hear about your date(s)? Know that your still with us? Miss the peak into your life.....so hurry back!

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG