Wednesday, May 03, 2006
Please sir...can I have some more?
I have a highly addictive personality.

I am also something of a hanger on.

For instance, last week my friend bought a Take 5 candy bar and proclaimed their goodness. So obviously, the next day I bought my own Take 5. And the next day, and the next day, and the next day. Monday, I bought 5. They're yummy. For those of you haven't experienced the greatness that is the Take 5 bar let me introduce you.

Take 5 bar, I would like to introduce you to my friends. Friends, meet Take 5 bar. This is the beginning of a beautiful friendship. One filled with the salty goodness of pretzels, the smooth satisfaction of caramel, the crunch of peanuts (I loooooves peanuts) the goody goodness of peanut butter, all wrapped in a perfect little cacoon of chocolate. I could see myself, if deemed necessary, stealing a Take 5 bar from a child. They're little, they'll get over it. Luckily each bar is actually two bars. So it is perfect for sharing. As long as I get a bite. I be happy. mmmm.

Also, I have not encountered and alcoholic beverage in something like 2 years. Maybe a year and a half. Anyway, I have kept far away from their dizzying goodness because I know I stand on the razor's edge of alcoholicness. But I really want an Appletini. BAD. I am a big fan of the Appletini. And the Cosmo. But more the Appletini. Seriously, I have to find a way to have a virgin Appletini. Gonna have to google that... I watch Food Network and the cooks are always topping something off with a lovely little cocktail concoction, that looks yummy. mmmm.

I get addicted to TV shows. My current favorites are Grey's Anatomy, America's Next Top Model (but just because I want to see when Jade gets her ass kicked off), and Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Oh, and Gilmore Girls. Grey's Anatomy is the only one that I DO NOT miss. Sunday night 9:00, you will find me on the couch, wide eyed, clutching a pillow, waiting to see what happens next. I have never been a hospital drama type person. I just can't resist. The addition of hot vet Chris O'Donnell just makes the whole thing oh so much better. I've had a crush on him since Batman and Robin and now he's all woodsy, and animal lover, and scruffy, and his name's Finn. Dude, please oh please let us see him shirtless very VERY soon. Also, I occasionally suffer through an episode of Smallville on the off chance I might get a glimpse of James Marsters. Which leads me to my next addiction.

SPIKE!!!! OMG!!! Really, I have a problem there. I have found myself suspending reality ala Ally McBeal and having my own little mid afternoon fantasies. For instance, that last sentance took me like 5 minutes to type because I was busy ripping Spike's clothes off. See? See my problem?? I mean, James Marsters is the hotness. But Spike...rrrow. The leather, the attitude, the dark side. The accent! Really... I just... I mean... Damn. Then in Once More With Feeling, the singing Spike!!! Even better. Since I was little I've had a thing for the darkside. When I was in Middle School I was all about the Nightworld series of books. Then freakin L.J. Smith just fell off the planet and stopped writing them. My friends and I even roleplayed different characters. WE ROLE PLAYED!!! Then I got all Buffy obsessed and oh how I wish I could conjure up my own little Spikey clone for those long nights... I have a problem... I know. But admitting it is half the battle... Do they have a Spike Lover's Anonymous?? Is there a pill or something I can take? OK, I think I've sufficiently embarassed myself...

bye bye.


Just FYI: MissuzJ's internet has been down at home and the great and mighty district blocked blogs at work so that's why she's a bit MIA. Just so you all know.


11 Comments:

Blogger Diane Lowe said...

I don't think the vigin Appletini is a possibility. You might be able to do something with sour mix and sour apple syrup (for italian sodas), but I highly doubt it will be the same.

Good luck, and hopefully you'll find a virgin substitute for the Appletini soon. But seriously, does drinking an alcoholic beverage make one a bad person? My vote is no. But to each their own.

Blogger Katy said...

It's not about being a bad person Diane. It's about a choice I've made.

Blogger Diane Lowe said...

Why do you not drink alcohol? If you've chosen not to drink alcohol, you shouldn't have to worry about Apple Martinis. But I highly doubt you'll be able to find or invent virgin recipes for cockail drinks. It's almost as bizzare as non-alcoholic beer or wine.

Blogger NME said...

You need yourself a sour apple soda. Do you have access to Jones Soda? http://www.jonessoda.com They make a green apple that might be right up your alley.

I'd be in love with the Take 5 if it were just a tad less sweet. Like maybe with slightly darker chocolate. Oh and I favor candy bars that come with multiples. I still think they should market a candy bar that is actually two packaged together. Like two different kit kat flavors in one pack.

Blogger Katy said...

Nicole! Jones Soda!! You are freakin brilliant!! All the tasty with none of the buzz. I am not a pleasant drunk. One of the many reasons I don't drink. And the dark chocolate Take 5 sounds like a fabulous idea, as does the duo pack. You're a genius.

Blogger Missuz J said...

Why have I not sampled the chocolaty goodness that is a take five?

Blogger hazel said...

when take 5's first came out, they and sean were inseparable. I personally don't believe that pretzels and chocolate should comingle, though. however, if a take 5 presented itself to me, I would not turn it down.

I too don't drink - and all due respect to everyone, but you don't have to ever tell anyone why.

Blogger hazel said...

oh - and I fucking HATE jade, too.

Blogger rob said...

The official word on a virgin martini is: Not possible. It's 100% alcohol so what you'd be drinking is an empty glass.

Nicole, however, hit it on the head with the green apple Jones. Put that in a martini glass and you're golden.

Blogger Katy said...

yeah, i was really just looking for the flavor of the apple martini. They're tasty. And I ran out and bought the Jones Soda and is very yummy. I also found however some green apple martini mixer, all the flavor without the booze, that I'm going to try this weekend.

Blogger Skookums said...

You are all wrong about the virgin appletini. It's made with apple juice and tonic water (diet is the best). It tastes like alcohol to me!

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG