Monday, August 29, 2005
1 down...
Thousands to go.

OK, so first day of school, done. Started the day with Biology. Walked the entire building before finding my classroom but eventually found it and I think I'm going to enjoy it. The teacher is entertaining and genuinely excited about what he's teaching, so that helps. In the middle of class, a cell phone started ringing. I giggled to myself and thought "poor sucker." Cell phone kept ringing. I thought, "they have the same ring as I do." Kept ringing. I thought, "Wow, that person is sitting right next to me." Kept ringing. I thought, "Damn! That's my cell phone!" Slightly embarassing but the teacher just let it slide. Now, who would be calling me at 9:30 in the morning? Aw, I know...work. The new girl decided today would be a good day to come see where she works and who she works with and other such trivialities. As opposed to normal human beings who would have maybe come sometime last week, to get settled and see about any MOUNTAINS of paperwork that may need seeing to. My boss has been out sick since last friday so I've been taking care of things, so of course, it fell to the student on the first day of school to rush over and make sure she was all settled and new her job. Now, we were never sure this girl was even going to show up. All we knew was that she preferred working mornings and that was what we needed. When my boss called to see about her schedule she said, "I don't know what classes I'll be taking, who knows their schedule before the first day of school anyway?" ....uhm...well....me...and you know..... NORMAL PEOPLE!!!! So I spent the only break from classes that I had today working the switchboard cuz they didn't have anybody to cover that and reassuring her that no, the job does not suck. After that, it was communications, computer systems, work and library media. Communications good. Work good. Computer systems and library media however were full of things like "This is a mouse." and "This is a magazine." And they're both required courses. Yawn. My legs hurt and I need to go lay down now :P.

Oh yeah. Lonna tagged me. I don't really have favorite songs. I listen to the radio a lot so pretty much whatever is on there. I love my launchcast cuz it has all the random crazy stuff I like on it. A little David Bowie, a little Killers, some angry girl rock for good measure. I mean, maybe it's from growing up with Becky but I have pretty eclectic taste. As long as it's not Clay Aiken, or Celine Dion, or some whiny actor turned popstar, I'm good.


5 Comments:

Blogger amandak said...

Congrats on getting the first day back under your belt. Glad you're digging biology, that was always one of my favs in high school, but didn't get to take any in college. Tested out and all. Required courses almost always suck, but hey, easy credit. You're gonna rock, as always.

HUGS!!

Blogger Kathryn said...

Yay school! I miss school. It sounds like you're really invaluable at your job; they should give you a big fat raise.

Oh, and tktkckyf.

Blogger Missuz J said...

Sorry I forgot to call you about your first day! I'm glad it went well for you. I actually really enjoyed biology--though it was so not what I wanted to do forever.

Oh--and on the cell phone? If I was your teacher, you would have received, at the least, the icy look of death.

Blogger Katy said...

I know I know! I'm so ashamed!! And it's totally OK that you didn't call about my first day, sounds like you had other things to deal with.

Blogger amandak said...

dude, my phone rang once when I was teaching a private yoga student. talk about embarassing. super yikes.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG