Saturday, August 06, 2005
Uhm, your toe is oozing...
Be prepared for some grossness.

So I've been fighting a truly GNARLY ingrown toe nail. We're talking big, red, infected and really REALLY hurty. I considered posting a picture (which I recently figured out how to do Hooray!) but feared breaking the camera with the ugliness. Anyway today I couldn't find my nice comfy open toed sandals before I had to go to work at 7 (tomorrow, I get to sleep in!) so I had to wear real shoes. Which I haven't done since ooooh Mayish. The toe didn't not fare well against socks and shoes. In fact, I was limping around by then end of the work day. Finally I got to go home and peel off the socks and shoes and beheld a big white puss-filled...pussiness. As any normal person would do, I reached down and squoze it a little and yep, you guessed it, oooooooze. Lots of ooze. More ooze than I thought would come out of one toe. So I gave myself some surgery today. Hopefully I have won the battle against the ingrown toe.

Look! It's me!! From like four years ago. But still that's me! My hair isn't that dark anymore, or that long, and I seem to have "misplaced" the shiny pleather camel jacket. But everything else is pretty much the same. I'll try and get a more recent picture on my next good hair day. Speaking of, I got the LOOOONG overdue haircut today. Hooray! The almost mullet is gone! I'm so happy!

By the way, I have a new blog. As if this one isn't enough. But the other one is just opinions and me being critical. I review books I've read, and movies I've seen, and music I've listened to. If any of you want to get in on the reviewing fun e-mail me a review at rudiesoul@hotmail.com. Or just tell me and I'll make you a contributor. Anyway I thought it would be fun. Bye for now!


4 Comments:

Blogger NME said...

You are super cute! But probably not your toe. That is gross.

Blogger hazel said...

look how cute you are!!

I have waged battles against ingrown toenails for about 15 years now. I always win. sometimes I have to have the help of a podiatrist (okay, maybe like 3 times a year with him) but I still win. I even had "surgery" to remove part of my nail so it would, ahem, never grow back, but it failed. miserably. so I feel your pain. since I've had them so often for so long, I read your post and was like, yeah, I love the ooze. the ooze means it's not this red hot infected sphere of instant pain. at least when the ooze comes out, you get a little relief.

go to the podiatrist. he'll get it out lickety split.

Blogger Missuz J said...

Hey beautiful! What ever happened to that fabulous jacket? I love it! Anyhoo--why don't ya sign me up on your review blog. I'll send you my Madagascar rant for starters.

Blogger Kathryn said...

Popping things is the greatest. And, hello, the cuteness!!!

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG