Monday, August 08, 2005
These are a few of my favorite things...
Julie Andrews eat your heart out.

On my other blog Nicole requested a list of my favorite movies, books, music etc... so here goes.

Movies: (Some because I love them some because of the eye candy)
Grosse Pointe Blank
Moulin Rouge
The Phantom of the Opera
Troy (man thighs and Brad flesh...mmmmmmm)
High Fidelity
Bridget Jones Diary
The billion cassette version of Pride and Prejudice
When Harry Met Sally
That 70's Show Season 1 on DVD (thanks T!)
Disney's Beauty and the Beast
Emperor's New Groove
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
Camelot
Tomb Raider 2 The Cradle of Life (because of him)
Meet Joe Black
Blow Dry

Yeah, I could go on...but I won't...

Books:
Memoirs of a Geisha (if you haven't read this, go get it RIGHT NOW!)
The Da Vinci Code
Angels and Demons (I loved this before everybody else did!)
Harry Potter (My fave is Goblet of Fire can't WAIT til it's out!)
He's Not That Into You (cuz he's not and that's ok)
My Fairy Encyclopedia thingy Mandy got me. It Rocks!
Wolf by the Ears (I read this in Middle School and it's stuck with me it's pretty good)

Choosing favorite books is hard. There are very few that I would and have read more than once. I'm sure there are lots more than that but I've read so many I can't keep track. I read for pleasure more than I read for fulfillment...does that make sense.

I can't choose favorite music either I listen to what's on and if I don't like it I change the station.
Pretty boring huh?


5 Comments:

Blogger NME said...

I LOVED Memoirs of a Geisha. I think they're making it into a movie.

The cool thing about forcing yourself to do reviews of books is that you start to think about what you are reading and watching more critically - and soon you realize exactly what it is that makes you enjoy a book or movie. So in the end you learn more about yourself.

Blogger hazel said...

interesting list. I have never seen pride and prejudice, but I saw that they are making (yet another) remake. I may just have to read it and watch it.

Blogger Kathryn said...

I just finished Angels and Demons this morning! Very good. I'll have to pick up Memoirs next.

Trying to catch up, here. I only get a few moments a week (if that)to check blogs, and as a fellow writer, thought I needed to check yours. By the way, did you see that comment that someone posted on Becca's about her spelling? I told her that I notice spelling, but would never be so rude as to point it out unless she was looking for a critique.

Anyway, funny I should read your blog today. I had the strangest dream last night. Jennifer and I were on some sort of bus trip which showed movies, but before the feature presentation (which I don't recall) was like a 20 minute preview for the new Pride and Prejudice, but it was all screwy, mixing up time frames (there were cars and trucks) and it basically told the whole story (I love previews, but don't you hate it when they tell too much?). Anyway, it lasted so long that our stop came before the feature presentation.

Other random comments:
Great idea on the book and movie review site.

I, too, mess with things in an effort to self-doctor (there are other reasons, but I won't go into my psychology too much).

That was some funny stuff about Cedar High. Just about a month ago, Jennifer and I were embarrassing the hell out of Kira when we, for some unknown reason, broke into the Redmen fight song.

Hope all is well in school. I'm sure we'll see one another soon.

Blogger Kodi said...

I pretty much agree with all of your choices. I just finished watching A&E Pride and Predjudice for the umpteenth time this weekend. I was sick, and needed me some Colin Firth time.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG