Tuesday, August 16, 2005
The trouble with college...
The first installation.

So I've decided I am NOT a business finance type person. I took an online career placement type thingy and in the beginning it said "What career are you currently seeking?" So for fun to see what happened, I put in Accountant. Cuz what else would I do with a business finance degree? So I took the test. Then at the end it says what your main interests are and what you should pursue. I swear I heard the computer laughing at me. "Business finance you say? No no no silly girl. You are just NOT a numbers type person. Get thee to a communications degree." K so maybe it didn't use those exact words, but I knew what it meant. So here I am, 12 days from my triumphant return to college and changing my major...again.... Or at least I'm trying to change my major. Apparently the communications department didn't know I was coming and let all there classes get full. The nerve of some people. So now I am trying to reach the Communications department advisor to see if she can work a little magic for me. This is not boding well my for college sanity.


6 Comments:

Blogger Kathryn said...

I started out as a communications major. All of the classes are fun and some of them are even creative! I think you'll love it. Good luck getting into the classes you want. Maybe people will drop.

Blogger Kathryn said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Blogger amandak said...

This is TOTALLY boding well for your college sanity! You've decided (before wasting a semester in business) that you want to try something different, and you are going for it. I think it'll be great.

Blogger lonna said...

I'm a big believe that you have to do what you love or you won't do well. When I was in college I did really well in classes that were really hard, but I loved. On the other hand I would get Cs in easy classes that I hated. I'm one of the few people I know who not only stayed with the same major in college, but also got a Ph.D. in that same field. It can be hard to figure out what you want to do with your life, but I think that dabbling in different interesting classes can help. My best friend went to college as a math major. He loved math up until differential equations and he was excellent at it, but when he got to the more advanced required courses, it just wasn't fun any more. I told him to take a really deep look inward and to do what would make him happy. He ended up getting his B.A. in French and then later he went back and got an M.A. in French. He loved it that much.

Blogger Missuz J said...

Whatever you choose, you will totally kick ass, because that's just the kind of gal you are.

Blogger NME said...

It sucks doing all the drop/add stuff - but in the long run it will make you much happier.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG