Friday, June 24, 2005
Everybody else is doing it.
I figured everybody else was having name issues so I thought I'd jump on the bandwagon real quick cuz I just had an interview and they pronounced my name wrong, I hate correcting prospective bosses but I just gotta. My name is Kathryn, Katy to most, Kate to my dad, Kat to some, and Rhyn to a girl I used to work with. I have also been known as Katy Mae, Katy Sue, Katy Brown, and Katy Gene, when MissuzJ is mad at me :). Because of the way my parents spelled Kathryn, with a Y, they decided to spell Katy with a Y as well. So for some reason people think my name is pronounced Kat-ee, which is what happened today. So I say it's Katy, like the bug, katydid, but the brilliant southern utahns still don't know what I'm talking about. *Sigh* so I answer to everything. ANYWAY!! One interview down another to go! I'll let ya'll know what happens with the second. Yeah...I just said ya'll... ICK.


4 Comments:

Blogger NME said...

My pet peeve is when people spell Nicole with an h. I always want to yell - "If there was an h in it I'd be Ni-chol."

Blogger Missuz J said...

Alas and alack. (How the hell do you spell alack?) I still remember when you were going to be Rachael. It was the nametag on your crib at the hospital and everything.

Blogger hazel said...

seriously, people say "cat-ee"? like a cat and then ee? okay. that's a stretch. I can't believe that many people do it! but alot of people just don't think. like, ever.

Blogger Kathryn said...

Hey, you spell it the "right" way just like me! Do people ever spell it like Katheryn? I hate that.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG