Monday, July 17, 2006
Dull Dull DULL!!!!!
Yeah life is dull right now. I work all day, which is busy, but dull. Then I go home and read til it's time to go to sleep. Then I hit replay and do it all again the next day. This weekend was pretty good. I mean, good in a dull way. I did a lot. At the risk of boring you to death, here is a recap.

Friday night: Mom and Dad and I went to the Renaissance Fair and had gyros for dinner and wandered around a bit. Then I babysat three little kids that live down the street from me. Their mama cuts hair so I'm watching her kids for trade so she'll make me beaut-ee-ful. Read the kids a story, tucked them in, and spent the next two hours or so in front of the TV with the volume really low so I wouldn't wake up the kidlets.

Saturday: Woke up, went back to sleep, woke up, went back to sleep, woke up. Went downstairs and read for awhile. Then my brothers dogs came and fell asleep on me so I literally laid on the couch for three hours. I couldn't very well wake the doggies up could I? I'm so kind hearted. Then I went and got my hair cut and colored, FINALLY! It's been almost a year since I've had anything but a trim. That night I went to The Devil Wears Prada on a date with myself. Then went home and worked on a handout for church the next day for TWO HOURS that more than likely either doesn't get taken or gets thrown away as soon as they walk in the door. Grr.

Sunday I went to church (remember the dull) then I went home and made dinner. Want to know recipes?? I thought you might. I made Chicken Cordon Bleu with some changes, of course. Instead of browning the chicken before baking it I just baked it. I didn't want to add the extra greasiness. I also didn't bake the chicken in the sauce, instead I served the sauce on the side so you could have as much or as little as you wanted. Something I would suggest that I didn't do, would be to use grated swiss cheese instead of swiss cheese slices. They were a little hard to manage. Also, add about a 1/4 cup of swiss cheese to the sauce and stir until melted. The sauce was REALLY good, especially over steamed asparagus. If you don't brown the chicken before baking thought it takes WAY longer than 15 minutes. Closer to 45. I think it's just something you have to figure out for yourself. Then for dessert I made eclair cake. Oh. My. Happy. Happy. Taste Buds. This is so easy and so tasty! I didn't even tweak it. OK I tweaked a little. I used french vanilla pudding instead of plain vanilla pudding. It says it serves 14 but it's more like 7 cuz everybody's going to want seconds. Mmmmm. Seriously...go make this. Right. Now.

Anyway, dully dully dull. But at least there was food!


7 Comments:

Blogger Missuz J said...

I want eclair cake. Now.

miss you lately

Blogger ~A~ said...

Mmmmmmmmmmmm cake makes everything better.

Blogger amandak said...

I took myself on a date to Devil Wears Prada too. Good flick for a self-date night.

Love you big time. Wish you were coming to Albuquerque this week. Soon, ok?

Blogger amandak said...

p.s. just noticed those pics of my kids on your flikr thingy. Cuteness!

Blogger NME said...

What sort of handout?

Pictures of the new hair please!

Blogger Katy said...

I put together a hand out every week of announcements and stuff for the church. Who's had a new baby, what kind of things are happening in the coming weeks. Blah blah blah

Blogger rob said...

I'd go one further with the cheese: Not plain ol' swiss...Gruyere. The texture it lends to white sauce is bar none brilliant and it has just enough pungence to bring out the flavor of most anything, especially chicken and asparagus.

Be warned...it's very rich.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG