Monday, April 17, 2006
Free ski weekend in hell
Yes my friends, hell hath frozen over.

Katy went on a date. Two actually.

None of what I am about to tell you is me at my best so just remember that I love you, and I hope you love me, and therefore be kind.

My mom signed me up for an online matchmaking service. Stop rolling your eyes it's more funny than anything. There are actually some very nice guys on it and if nothing else it's put my back out there. It's fun, it's playful, it's on my level. So anyway, one of the guys I've met was going to be driving through Cedar last weekend and wanted to meet me. OK, I think, that's not so bad, I'm a mature adult woman, I can handle this. Heh. Whatever. Our communication up to that point had been instant messaging and e-mails and yes, I should have known better. We met up around 6ish..maybe 7ish and went for a walk. I'm just going to say it didn't go well, and yes I should have known better, and yes I learned my lesson, and no I won't be seeing him again, and yes, there were at least two points in the "conversation" where I was actually afraid for my life and / or my person. But that's all in the past now so let's move on to date numbah two!!

Date numbah two, was this past Saturday and we had a lot of fun. My bosses husband set me up with his brother, and the four of us went bowling and played pool and air hockey and went to dinner and then went back to the boss and husbands house and played Catan (which was really fun and I am not a gamer person). Poor boy wasn't so good at the bowling (I too suck at the bowling but always have fun), lost both games of pool, and I won Catan so he wasn't having a good night but I still think we all had fun. Hopefully we will go out again sometime. If not he's fun and I'm sure will be a good friend.

Oh, in other news, I had to get new tires put on my car. Well, I guess I didn't have to. I've been thinking for awhile I'd get new tires when I got my tax return ($$$), but Friday I hit a nail and rather than have them fix that tire and then just throw it out and pay for new tires in a month I put new tires on my credit card. Yay! I feel much better being in my vehicle now.

Well, two more weeks of school then finals then DONE for the summer!!! Oh so happy. I was thinking about doing school this summer but, uhm, I don wanna. So I'm going to work full time and spend a little time not funning around 100 different directions 100 miles an hour. Should be nice.

Happy late Easter!!


7 Comments:

Blogger Diane Lowe said...

I'm glad you had some dates this weekend! Hopefully you'll have more success with online dating than I did (I have nothing against online dating, and I'm sure there's lots of nice guys online, but all the fellows I met online weren't all that great).
I spent my Easter weekend at church and watching movies (Pride & Prejudice was one of them - check out my blog if you want to know what I thought of it).

Blogger lonna said...

Some people have great luck with online dating. Maybe the next time will be better. I'm just glad that nothing really happened after the couple of scares that you had.

The other date sounds wonderful. Laid back, no pressure, and just having fun.

I never took summer school in college. I have taught it a ton, but I didn't see the need when I was a student. I always worked hard and played hard in the summer. It sounds like you could use the time to relax and build up some more funds. Good luck with finals!

Blogger M'gann said...

After hearing all about the first, I am SO SO SO SO SO glad that the second was MUCH better!

Settlers of Catan is great! Though the mormon spin off Settlers of Zarahemla has a nicer looking board, haha! :D Glad you had fun! Hope to talk to you soon!

Blogger ~A~ said...

OMG, thank you for reminding me why marriage isn't so bad, dating sucks. But I'm glad the 2nd one was decent.

Since your mom is trying to match you up, can I try and hook you up with Rob?

Blogger NME said...

I want more horrible, scary, dating details. Be graphic. PLEEZ! That is great blogging material. I feel deprived.

Blogger Missuz J said...

Date number 1 WILL suffer the wrath of Boo. Some day. He will suffer the wrath.

Blogger hazel said...

dates! that first one sounds...scary. not that you need me to say anything, but: chaperone. double date. group outing.

date number two sounds cool. yay, katy!

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG