Tuesday, December 06, 2005
Takin it easy
K, I went to the doctor last night. I have bronchitis, strep throat, and an ear infection. So he gave me some cough syrup and some antibiotic samples since I don't have insurance. I don't know about the antibiotic though, last night after I took it I had my own little encounter with the sick bowl. That could have been just the fact that I hadn't eaten all day because it hurt to swallow and then I had a bowl of soup so my stomach wasn't prepared for the onslaught. I don't know. But today I'm feeling better. My fever is down from the 102.2 it was yesterday and I can actually stay upright for more than 10 seconds. I'm not going to work today but I have to go to Stats to see what to do about my project. Other than that I'm staying in bed.

Thank you all for your concern.


9 Comments:

Blogger lonna said...

Boy, when you get sick, you get really sick. There's nothing to do when you have all that going on but to stay in bed, eat, and push the fluids. Unfortunately, it's difficult to take that much time for yourself this close to finals. Antibiotics usually kick in fairly quickly, I hope they make you feel better soon.

Blogger rob said...

I have bronchitis, strep throat, and an ear infection.

Jesus! May as well throw some Hepatitus B, Giardia and Aspartame Poisoning in there as well.

Get well, doll.

Blogger Missuz J said...

Oh sweetie--I couldn't get on the computer yesterday so didn't know how sick you were! Glad you're feeling better.

Blogger Kathryn said...

Oh my goodness you poor thing. I'm glad you're feeling a little better!

Blogger hazel said...

holy cow, katy...no wonder you couldn't move.

if the antibiotics are strong, I have a word of advice. if you can, EAT YOGURT.

Blogger Froggylady said...

Hope you feel better soon. That is a mad dose of sick.

Blogger NME said...

BLECK! SO SORRY you are feeling so awful. And that the timing is awful too. Wishing you get well real soon.

Blogger Kodi said...

Thank God you went to the Doc. Strep throat can turn nasty if you don't treat it. I think you can progress to some really bad fever that can affect your heart if left untreated. It starts with an R but I can't recall the name right now. Get some sleep, babe. You deserve it.

Blogger Min Min said...

Hey...

poor girl...I haven't been on your blog for a while and then I read that...
I can imagine how horrible you feel, so get well soon!!!!

Greetz from Germany ~

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG