Monday, December 05, 2005
Best timing ever...
Finals are a week away. A week from today is study day and then the big push. So I have a few papers to do before the end of this week. Nothing's really causing me much stress except my Stats project and that's only because my partner dropped out of the class with two weeks to go and took everything we had done with her. Hate. But I think the teacher will let me jump into another group because of the circumstances. So I have pretty much everything under control. Except this sudden onset of mystery ick that seems to have found it's way to my lungs, head, throat, and well, body in general. Last night, at 8:32 I started coughing. I continued to cough for the next 2 hours, finally I took some left over prescription cough syrup and went to bed. I was fine until I moved, but every time I rolled over or shifted my head I would break into a full fledged coughing fit. Finally I fell into a restless sleep. Even with the great and mighty cough syrup that doubles as an incredible sleep aid. So this morning when I woke up, I was not only still coughing, but now I'm groggy, wobbly, my head ways about 100 pounds and I'm having a hard time making my eyes focus. My throat is on fire and my skin seems supersensitive. Just having my coat on makes it hurt. I wanted nothing more than to roll over and go back to bed this morning. In fact I barely made it down the stairs before I had to just lay on the floor and catch my breath. But I had my essay on Gattaca due today in Biology first thing so I had to go turn that in. I got ready sitting on the edge of my bath tub because standing is just not an option. Went out to my car and low and behold, frost. Everywhere. I'm going and buying a car cover today. I spent 20 minutes chipping away at my car, so I could see out the windows, occasionally giving in and leaning with my head on the cool metal. Seriously, I could have been sick this weekend and been over it by now, that would have been nice. Except we had Sophie so that would have sucked. But now, 8:32 on Sunday night the week before finals, my body decides to give up the fight and succumb to all those germs I've been around. I want to go home, but I have a meeting for my group project in 20 minutes which I haven't got anything done for. Maybe after my meeting I'll let myself go home and go to bed.

Oh shit, I forgot my CSIS homework.

Two more weeks.....

Today's thing I learned: Uhm...I should have bought the car cover instead of splurging on my own personal Christmas Tree for my room. It's really cute though. But the 20 minute ice chipping this morning really sucked...

Update: 2 hours later. Can't talk, can't breathe, throat on fire. Please, God, just kill me.


5 Comments:

Blogger Kodi said...

Holy crap Katy, you need to go to the doctor, get some meds, and GO TO BED! Finals suck ass.

Blogger lonna said...

It's so funny when the shoe is on the other foot. I can't wait until finals week. All of my lesson plans for this week are finshed, and I just finished writing my final exam. So unlike my students, I'm on automatic pilot until next semester.

You do sound really sick. Hopefully you can get something that will help you out and maybe a professor or two will cut you some slack.

Blogger Kathryn said...

You poor thing! Try not to push it too much. I hope you feel better.

Blogger hazel said...

oh no!! are you okay? smith sisters, give us an update!!

Blogger Stine said...

Take care of yourself K. Lots of water, come home and take a bath and sweat that stuff out.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG