Thursday, February 22, 2007
Been a busy girl
Th-Thump. So I did this cake for my bosses husbands birthday. He's a nurse in the cardiac ward at a nearby hospital. This thing was pretty freaking big, and grody. Lemme just tell ya, walking this thing through the halls at the hospital was a little awkward. Anyway, it was lots of fun and the shock value is pretty awesome.
Winnie the Pooh...Winnie the Pooh... Chubby little cubby all....sorry. Lemme just tell ya, that Pooh Bear was a BITCH to cover in fondant. What you see here is the second attempt. The first attempt looked like ghost of Pooh. After we got him all covered and prettiful I hand painted him, sculpted his lil honey pot, and put him on top of his hunny pots. He was a serious rush job. I was actually still decorating at the house right up until the party started.
One of my coworkers had a birthday earlier this week and grew up in Hawaii so we did a Hawaiian shirt (no it's not pajamas) and a pair of flip flops. This was a REALLY rushed job and my head was elsewhere the whole time because I was thinking about getting ready to go up to my grandma's viewing. Still turned out good though.
And that's all the pictures of recent cakes I have. Lots is going on and I'd love to sit here and tell you all about it. On second thought. No. I wouldn't. I would like to go have a nap.

Labels:



6 Comments:

Blogger Marksthespot said...

That heart is one of the most disturbing and wonderful things I've seen in a long time. I've gotta know - what did it taste like? And did anyone have trouble eating it?

Blogger Missuz J said...

That heart still gives me the willies.

Blogger OMH said...

The Heart was Awesome!
The Heart was Wild!

You did a good job on all of them but WOW the HEART!!!!! Gotta admit I do not think I could have eaten it!

But Pooh yummmm - hehehehe I said I would eat POOH hehehehe - NEVER MIND I had a childish moment there.

Loved the flip flops (shirt was cool - but LOVE ME SOME FLIP FLOPS!)

Blogger NME said...

I heart your heart. I think you should do a series of disturbing cakes. It could be your thing.

Blogger amandak said...

You are the master cake maker!

Wowzers

Blogger M'gann said...

w00! Okay, I meant to post way earlier, but I forgot my password for awhile, and with the moving and all, craziness! Yes, I live in Utah! w00!!!! I am so seeing you ASAP woman!!!

Anyway, the cakes are amazing! The heart one freakin rawks! (squeamish though it makes me, haha!) How cool are those?!?! I mean really!! Now that I live near you sooo have to teach me your awesome ways!

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG