Wednesday, November 29, 2006
It still hurts
Not all the time, not even often, but sometimes it still hurts, and I’m sick of it.

Everyday I tell myself I’m doing SO MUCH BETTER. And 99% of the time, I am. I’m awesome. Then some silly little thing triggers some silly little memory and I have to stop, close my eyes, and regain my composure. Today it was packing tape. How ridiculous is that? I was thinking of sending out Christmas packages soon and wondering if I could still find that cute seasonal packing tape like they have sometimes at Old Navy.

That made me think of the packing tape I bought there around Valentines Day a few years ago.

That made me think of the package I wrapped with tape covered in little pink and red hearts and dropping it off at the post office one day after work.

That made me think of the man at the drop off smiling and saying “Looks like someone’s in love.”

That made me realize I don’t go to the post office anymore. I don’t put together fun little care packages full of silly presents and tasty treats for anyone anymore. I don’t buy rolls of seasonal packing tape and smile at the nice man who thinks I’m in love.

I’m not in love anymore.


6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's great! You know why? Soon you'll be ready to meet and fall in love with a better fellow.

I still think V-day sucks, though.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know that hurt. very very well.

and it sucks. violently.

Blogger Missuz J said...

You can send me a tape with heart packing tape any time. Love you.

Blogger NME said...

I'm sorry. But love is coming for you. I promise. Yes, it's taking it's sweet damn time, but there is a definite reason for that. I know from experience - and now I wouldn't have had it any other way.

Blogger Stine said...

Sweetie, I'm sorry your hurting. But like everyone has said, you will get the prize, especially because you have the intelligence and fortitude to stick it out.

Blogger M'gann said...

This has nothing to do with your post,but I just had to let you know that you freakin ROCK! Thanks for the mug!

Mwah!

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG