Friday, June 23, 2006
Heh...oops
I just realized that my remedy to the "I'm so sad" blog, was just an "I'm still sad" blog, except for the puppy. I want one. Anywho, to take a page out of the sarcomibook here is a Somethings Friday.

Somethings I love:
1. My baby pod! Isn't she so cute? Her name developed into the iBitch somewhere along the way because she's what I use when I feel like a bitch and need some alone in my head time.

Obviously this is not myPod. I have way more songs than this. And none of them are Santana, there is one called All That I Am that I kinda love though.








2. That Thing You Do. No, not that thing you do, but that's nice too. This That Thing You Do.

In fact, I am shocked and appalled that I do not own this movie. I do however own the soundtrack...on CASSETTE! There was a time (when I was 13) that I would strut around the house with my walkman on singing everysingle lyric to everysingle song! When I found out that the Oneders/Wonders weren't an actual band I was downright irate. "In every life there comes a time when that dream you dream becomes that thing you do." *Sigh* words to live by.

3. The peanut butter cups I made last weekend. DAYUM! Them's good eats. Want the recipe?? They're really easy! OK!
a. Make some of this.
Peanut Butter Filling
4 ounces or 1/2 package of Philly cream cheese

1 cup creamy peanut butter
2 cups powdered sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
a few tablespoons milk
Use your favorite blender to cream together cream cheese and peanut butter. Add powdered sugar (a little at a time or else you'll end up looking like the ghost of christmas past). Add vanilla. Add milk until you reach the desired consistency (pssst, the desired consistency is just a bit softer than the creamy peanut butter started, I think I added around 5 tbsp milk, but whatever.) Cover and stick in refrigerator until firm. Meanwhile....
b. Fill these with a tsp. or so of your favorite melted chocolate. Use the spoon to nudge a little chocolate around the sides so you end up with a little chocolate cup. (Don't worry, this isn't rocket science, just smear the chocolate around a little) Let set. They don't have to be completely set unless you're OCD like me :).
c. Form peanut butter filling into balls about 3/4 inch in diameter, or more, depends how much peanut butter you like. I used a baby spoon and it worked great. Drop the little peanut buttery goodies into the chocolate cups and press down to flatten. Cover in more melted chocolate. Let set (completely this time). EAT 'EM UP!

4. This Place!!! They have the cutest stuff. I want it all!! But most especially, I want this.

5. Lasagna. I want some. RIGHT! NOW!


4 Comments:

Blogger OMH said...

I love the spoon rest! I have got to quit finding the shops you link to! I bought most of my DIL's birthday presents (exception the big gift) on the Free Jewlrey site you hooked me up with. I love it!

Blogger M'gann said...

Ok several notes wrapping up the past couple posts -

I may not always be the person you want to talk to the most, but I'm just a call away! Ring me if you need anything my Jezness.

And after all, where would I be without you? ^_^

Puppies are cute. I want one too... someday.

iPods rawk! (Depsite their commerical overruling of the planet, haha!) And as for "All That I Am" w00! Rob Thomas, baby! I sent that to you, thank you haha. ^_^

That Thing You Do, I freakin love that movie and am now suddenly stunned to realize that I own neither the movie or soundtrack. *jawdrop* Someday.

The PBC's sound delish and the spoonrest rocks like hell! My comment is getting too long, so I'll end it on: I love ya, lady!

Blogger hazel said...

mmmmmm peanut butter cups. I love spoonrests, too. I never saw that thing you do, but I have always wanted to. unfortunately, sean gets custody of our netflix account as he is giving me the free cable and dvr...so....oh well.

Blogger Missuz J said...

Where was I during the PB Cups? Bring that bitch over and we'll fill her full of songs for ya.

Lasagna=Yummy!

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG