Thursday, June 14, 2007
Help me out here!
I don't call, I don't write. The only time I ever talk to you guys is when I need a favor. I've turned into some of my least favorite people!

Here's the thing. I got suckered into helping with this fundraiser for the March of Dimes. Ok, not suckered. It's a good cause and I'm actually pretty excited about it. The problem is, I don't really know many people, especially many people with money so I'm asking EVERYBODY I know for a donation. Seriously people, if all you can donate is 5 dollars that's great. If you donate 5 dollars I only need 199 more people to donate 5 dollars and I will reach my goal of 1000 dollars. What were you going to do with that 5 dollars anyway? Let's look at some possibilities shall we?
  • You could ALMOST go see a movie. What are you going to see? There's nothing that good out anyway. Plus you would have to buy popcorn and a drink, maybe some licorice. So really, I'm SAVING you money. How nice am I?
  • You could go to lunch at some gross fast food place. Come on people, you have food at home. Defrost something. Fire up that oven! Make friends with your microwave!! The possibilities are endless! Besides, do you want to ingest all that greasy grody calorie ridden food or do you want to SAVE a BABY!!!!!
  • You could put a gallon and a half of gas in your car. Polluting the air. Causing some other organization to form which will just hit you up for money later.
  • Buy 5 cokes, or 2 coffees at Starbucks. Think of the caffeine you would be ingesting! You would never sleep again! Think what leaving those 5 cokes/2 coffees at the store would do for you personally! Sleep is important and loved by all, I'm just trying to help YOU get more of what YOU want.
  • You could buy some silly little knick knack that you don't need. Cluttering up your life EVEN MORE! Step away from the all-a-dollar people!
  • Imagine if you donated 10 dollars!! Your life would change exponentially!!!!

Now lets look at some productive things your 5 dollars would do.

  • Raise awareness about alcohol, tobacco, and drug use resulting in poor birth outcomes.
  • Help immunize babies against polio.
  • Prevent birth defects, premature birth, and infant mortality.
  • SAVE BABIES!!!

You want to donate now don't you? I know!! So give me money. You can either send me cash or a check. If that's what you want to do e-mail me and I'll send you my new address. Or you can do it the superspiffy way! Go go jailandbail.marchofdimes.com/katydidz and click on make a donation. Easy as pie. I don't understand that phrase. Pie is not easy. Pie is tricky. I digress.

Go!

Donate!

SAVE THE BABIES!!!



1 Comments:

Blogger OMH said...

OKAY I've earned the right to see the TATOO now!!!!

Good cause - near and dear to my heart thanks for sharing the opportunity to give!

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG